- 1955: The company was founded by Vitogiannis George, initially as a bottling company for refreshments.
- 1960: Its activity was changed from bottling of refreshments to manufacturing of crowns. The first crown manufacturing machine was bought.
- 1970s: Continuous investments in crown manufacturing machinery.
- 1980s: Astir initiates exporting activity.
- Late 1990s: Further investments in latest technology machinery increase the capacity to 3 billion crowns / year.
- 1999: ISO and HACCP certification attained, allowing ASTIR to expand its activities worldwide, mastering major agreements with leading companies.
- 2004: The company moves to its current facilities, with overall plant facilities of 18.000 m2. Capacity reaches 7.5 billion crowns / year.
- 2006: Astir is rewarded for state of the art production facilities.
- 2008: New ERP software is implemented, fully integrated with the process line.